Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Recent Events: PILF, ReaderCon, Miriam College High School, Uno Morato

I had a busy few weeks. (Inside voice: You think?)


The Philippine International Literary Festival and Book Industry Summit (organized by the National Book Development Board) was on November 12 and 13, and I was there both days to both moderate a discussion and be part of a panel. As always, it's an honor to be asked to share how I've published my books. This time I tried to make it more "newbie friendly" and stepped back to explain everything, from the beginning. You would know it though if you already read this blog, so I just gave them the highlights.


November 14, the third day of PILF-BIS, was also the Filipino ReaderCon. I recently joined the ReaderCon board and was there all day to do a variety of things: moderate a discussion featuring readers who've transitioned to writers, watch the panels on diversity and fan fiction, and co-host the Filipino Readers' Choice Awards. I was fine and chipper all day, until right after this picture was taken and as I made a phone call to my husband to tell him I was on my way to meet him, my feet started aching like crazy. I may have been running on bookish adrenaline all day.


On November 20, I was part of a panel on writing and publishing at Miriam College High School, with authors (and comedians) Dean Francis Alfar, Edgar Samar, and Bebang Siy. It was fun. I can't possibly recap what made it funny, but it was. I do hope we were coherent. And check out the tchotchkes Bebang brought along! She makes herself feel at home everywhere.


On November 22, I was with Bebang again at Uno Morato in Quezon City for a discussion on writing, publishing, and everything else, moderated by Anna Sanchez. I chose this pic because it shows me seriously reading Bebang's erotica novel. (It's steamy!)

My next talk is at UP Diliman on December 1. I've said yes to a few invitations for 2015 already. Thank you so much for being interested in what I do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment