Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Featured Reader: Chris Mariano

To celebrate the upcoming release of Icon of the Indecisive, I'm posting readers' thoughts on the Interim Goddess of Love series.

This is from Chris Mariano of Ficsation:
I was vacationing in Boracay when Interim Goddess of Love came out. I bought it on Kindle just as I was leaving the resort for dinner, then finished it before dinner was over. Good thing I was with friends who knew about (and forgave) my tendency to be absorbed by a really good book. I think I left an Amazon review immediately after finishing the book; I enjoyed not only the kilig that came with a well-written YA romance but also what the novella tried to do in introducing Filipino culture to a younger (and maybe even international) audience. 
Towards the end of 2013, my friends and I put up an NGO that advocated Filipino mythology (among other things) and IGoL was part of our 13 books of Christmas :) See how much it's inspired me?

Do you have thoughts on Interim Goddess of Love that you'd like posted here? Send them to minavesguerra@gmail.com. Prizes like Kindle copies of Icon of the Indecisive and other random things are up for grabs!

1 comment:

  1. Jealous that you got to read IGoL in Boracay, Chris! Mina's books are perfect beach reads. Wonder where you read Queen of the Clueless? :P

    ReplyDelete