Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Featured Reader: Charmie Saligumba

To celebrate the upcoming release of Icon of the Indecisive, I asked some readers for their thoughts on the Interim Goddess of Love series. 

I've chosen Charmie Saligumba (@chamiepop on Twitter) as the first featured reader. Not because she sent her thoughts first (there will be a future post on who made the first five) but because she actually lives in Bacolod/Negros Occidental and thus had the Creepiest Cool Coincidence while reading the book. :)

Charmie's copy and its post-it bookmarks
I found out about Interim Goddess of Love because I've been a follower since I first laid my hands on No Strings Attached. Since then, I've always looked forward to your work... and I think the only books I haven't bought are My Imaginary Ex and Queen of the Clueless. Haha. :D 
I think that IGoL is such a fresh breath of air. I've read so many Filipino chick lit books and (as far as I am concerned) I've never encountered a story that touched on the topic of Bathala, et al.. the Philippine mythology, which included some "magic" feel into it. It was like eating dark chocolate, it got better as I got into the characters' world. And what's funny and weird was that while I was reading a part about Silay's ancestral house, I was also passing by SILAY, actually passing by a friggin' Ancestral House. That was probably Bathala, telling me, "Told ya!" HAHA. I really found it amazingly-creepy.

Since I haven't read the Queen of the Clueless, I'm on Team Quin. Though that might change if I get to read QotC. :) 
I liked the fact that you made references on Philippine mythology because, sad to say, I honestly can't remember them anymore and it somehow sparked some interest... and the result was a little bit of research on my end. Which I think is great. Since we often forget about our very own mythology when we get into high school.
 Do you have thoughts on Interim Goddess of Love that you'd like posted here? Send them to minavesguerra@gmail.com. Prizes like Kindle copies of Icon of the Indecisive and other random things are up for grabs!

1 comment:

  1. I'm Team Robbie! But secretly Team Diego haha. I immediately liked Diego from the start.

    ReplyDelete