Thursday, July 26, 2012

Ebook retailer sales in 2012 so far

When I first started tracking my ebook sales, Amazon accounted for 97% of my sales. Now, not so much. The other players (Barnes and Noble especially) are really kicking it this year.

Lessons learned/reinforced:
Be everywhere.
A small slice of the pie should not discourage me -- it just means there's room to grow.
Focus more on readers who love to read, and less on people who have the device to read the ebook but don't really read on them. (Because they may contribute a sale, but if they don't read the book then my original goal -- that of being read -- isn't met.)

A heartfelt thank you to everyone who bought, read, shared, recommended my books. Thank you thank you thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mina! You probably don't remember, but we met at last year's Readercon c/o chachic and co. Anyway, just bought copies of No Strings Attached and That Kind of Guy. Looking forward to reading them, since I've been putting off trying your books for a while even though I've been interested ever since I read chachic's reviews of your books.*sweatdrops*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for buying the books! Hope you enjoy them. :) And see you at this year's Readercon?

      Delete