Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Props to Barnes and Noble and Nook owners

I don't mention Barnes and Noble all that much, when I talk about publishing my ebooks. Even though some of my books have been on their Nook store for over a year, the sales weren't significant enough (less than 5% of total) for me to sing their praises.

2012 has been a different story so far. Without any special marketing targeted to Nook owners, my books have been doing very well on Barnes and Noble this year. On some weeks, even better than Amazon. A mere two months ago, I had all but written off my B&N presence -- I live in the Philippines, and we can't even buy books from the B&N site. Who else would buy a contemporary romance novel written by a Filipino there? 

I don't know the answer to that yet, but they are buying.

This just shows me, again, that I was wrong, but I am glad to be wrong in this case. Ebook publishing is still the Wild West in many ways. 

What I should do is give props to B&N and the other retailers. It cost me nothing to place my books on Barnes and Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, iBooks, Sony, Goodreads, Flipreads... Even just one sale is a good thing. That means someone took a chance on me and my books, and that was the original goal, really. For people to read the books. 

So thank you, and here, have some hugs!

Love, 
Indie Author from the Philippines

No comments:

Post a Comment